What are Lash Extensions?
Lash extensions are synthetic fibers individually attached to the base of each lash with surgical glue. Each fake lashes is applied one by one (it is a painstaking process) to the natural lashes.
If you are careful in your daily routine in handling of the eye area and have regular touchups every 2 to 3 weeks, your eyelash extensions can last a long time. How often you need a “fill” depends on the natural eyelash growth cycle and how well you take care of your lashes.
- Plan to go in for hour-long refills every 2–4 weeks
- Avoid oil-based cleansers and makeup removers
- Avoid using mascara regularly because applying and removing mascara can snag the extensions and cause them to fall out prematurely
- Careful when washing your face, avoid allowing water from the shower to beat directly on your eyes
- Take care not to rub your face with a towel or press your face too hard into the pillow when you sleep
- Avoid oil-based mascara and eyeliner
- Careful when applying eye makeup, especially near the lash line
- More makeup applied, more have to be removed, means rubbing more/near your eyelashes causing lashes to fall off