Many people who get eyelash extensions find that, thanks to the volumizing, thickening benefits of the service, they can skip mascara and eyeliner altogether. Also, if you don’t like waiting around for several weeks to see the results of a lash-growing solution to do its magic, lash extensions provide immediate gratification. And while pricey, living without smudged eye makeup for several weeks is a major bonus. Want to know more? Co-owners Matana LePlae and Liv Contreras of Lashfully, a San Francisco-based eyelash-extension lounge, have a few interesting facts to share about the eye- and beauty-enhancing service. Just keep reading.
- It’s normal for your regular lashes to be longer on one side: “They’re never twins, just sisters. It goes for brows. It goes for lashes.”
- There are countless eyelash-extension options: It is estimatesd that most beauty services probably carries almost 100 different styles, from synthetic mink and real mink to highly curled and bold colors like blue and purple.
- They can work as optical illusions and are easily customizable: If a client has large eyes, a less curvy lash will be recommended, to mellow the eye shape out. For clients who have a lazy eye, for instance, a longer lash will be added on the side of the lazy eye to bring it up and add balance.
- They’re practically impossible to detect: “After eight or nine years of doing this, there are still tons of women whose husbands don’t know.”
- They can be used on the finest of lashes: Eyelash Extension can start off with a finest-to-fine lashes, and it’s precision work.
- If dramatic is what you want: Also try bottom lash extensions. They’re more theatrical and will really make the eyes pop.
- The service is pretty much ageless: It is estimated that most beauty services in this industry have clients from approximately 20 to 82.